BAM! BOOM! POW! Does your running program need a little kick? Feel like your old running shoes are too heavy? Have you been practicing your Good Form Running? If so, then you owe it to yourself to come down and try out a pair of the New Balance Minimus Zeros, (or as I like to call them, my “At least I look fast!” shoes).
With a two year old and a new born in the house, I am very lucky to be able to squeeze in 30 minutes of running, four or five times a week. It’s reached a point where the idea of running fast again sounds awesome… But the reality is that 8-9 minute miles are about all I can manage these days.
I have one rule about running, and one rule only. Unless you are paying for a college education, in the military, or have a chance to win an Olympic medal, then RUNNING HAS TO BE FUN! You know what’s fun? Running in these shoes!
From the New Balance web site:
- No-sew forefoot construction minimizes weight and reduces seams
- Odor resistant
- Synthetic/mesh upper provides lightweight comfort and support
- Deconstructed REVlite midsole provides great flexibility and a featherweight cushion
- NB Minimus is a whole new approach to footwear, a place on the spectrum from barefoot running to the traditional maximum-cushioning running shoe. Inspired by Good Form Running and designed to be worn with or without socks. With only a 0mm drop from heel to toe, the NB Minimus collection holds a world of discovery for neutral runners; additionally, Good Form Running teaches methods of improvement for those seeking to conquer gait issues.
- Zero drop
- Lightweight blown rubber for effective bounce
- Welded seams, a no-sew material application, reduce weight and prevent chafing